Self-regulating heating cables
Output power varies depending on temperature
Parallel self-regulating heating cables decrease or increase the power depending on the change of ambient temperature. The cable provide power where it is needed. Because of this a thermostat is not always necessary. Cable length can be adjusted as appropriate and they will never overheat, even if positioned on top of each other. This facilitates installation on flanges and valves for example. Elektrotermija offers a broad range of self-regulating heating cables, individual control equipment, complete control cabinets and all accessories as termination kits and self adhesive tapes. We can also provide calculations and engineering. Self-regulating heating cables are used in freeze protection and maintaining an even temperature of pipes, valves, flanges and tanks.
- Ice and snow melting on roofs, gutters and downpipes, icicles preventing
- Ice and snow melting on parking lots, entrance walkways, staircases and loading ramps
- Frost protection of tubes, valves and containers
- Temperature maintenance of pipes and tanks
- Freezing and cooling equipment
- Air-conditioning systems, climate plants
Type of heating
Defrosting, frost protection
Buswires: Tinned copper
Cross section, regular type: 12.6x6.0mm
Length: According to customer specifications Maximum length depends of circuit breaker size, minimum start-up temperature and output power.
Bending radius: Min. 36mm
Adapted for the application
Flexible cables acc. to customer specification
Regular type: 12 kg/100m
Outer jacket protected against certain inorganic chemical solutions and against abrasion and impact damage.
Tinned copper braid provide mechanical protection and a positive groun path.
Continuous exposure temperature: Max. 65°C
Protective braid resistance: <18.2Ω/km
Accessories: Thermostats, Regulators, Sensors, Terminal boxes, Control cabinets
- Energy efficient, automatically varies its power output in response to ambient temperature
- Thermostat is not always necessary
- Easy to install, can be cut to any length
- Lower costs than steam tracing
- No overheat or burnout even when overlapped
- Suitable for use in hazardous environments
- Waterproof, moisture resistant
- Extremely safe and durable